What is GitcoinDAO
- Gitcoin is a Decentralized Autonomous Organization governed by the holders of the GTC token.
- Token holders delegate their votes to a trusted steward. Some choose to self delegate.
- The stewards then accept or decline actions by voting for proposals which pass quorum.
- Official proposals and formal conversations on governance can be found on the Governance Forum
- Informal conversation about workstreams, and idea sharing happens in **Discord**
- Checkout the documentation about the GTC/GitcoinDAO smart contracts.
- Want to view the launch version of the GitcoinDAO from 5⁄25? View the **Decentralized Quadratic Lands.**
More info - GitcoinDAO 101 - workstreams
In 2018, I knew Gitcoin and I was inspired by its Mission - Build and fund the digital public goods. At that time one of the core values is Give First. This is the fundamental of public goods (as well community).
So I started to involve in Gitcoin like bounty, tips, kudos etc, in the meantime, I translated some of great posts into Chinese.
For now there are many opportunities in GitcoinDAO, we need you to build the GitcoinDAO together ;) Find more info in next section.
How to join GitcoinDAO
There are 3 steps to join GitcoinDAO (All steps are in GitcoinDAO):
Step 1 - Fill in contributor application form from GitconiDAO Step 2 - Wait for the review result Step 3 - Apply to one workstream
Descriptions for workstream, refer to following: There are multiple workstreams in GitcoinDAO, e.g:
- Fraud Detection & Defense (aka FDD) (Disruption Joe)
- Public Goods (Scott More | Linh Tran)
- dGitcoin (Philip Hutch)
- Moonshot Collective (Ryan)
- Memes, Merch, Marketing (Fred | Brittney)
I am in DAOOps workstream now ((former FDD), and leading the “user support” team. So if you are interested in “user support” of GitcoinDAO, please ping me on Discord;)
User Support of GitcoinDAO
There are several things in user support:
- Discord support - we would like to build a world-class discord support team here, any advice and ideas are welcome
- Knowledge base
Anything you would like to involve, please ping me.